This is a NON-CLASSIFIED employment opportunity. Visit the State of Colorado for Classified employment opportunities.
This position supports the executive dean in organizing and managing the Technical and Professional Studies (TPS) division operations, by strategizing for process improvement and program sustainability across departments of the division.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training and department needs.
REPORTS TO: Executive Dean
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of professional level experience in higher education.
- Supervisory experience.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Three or more years of experience managing and coordinating department/division operations.
- Microsoft Applications including Excel.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data to support data driven processes.
- Knowledge of discipline areas in the TPS division.
- Demonstrated understanding of the community college mission.
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 1, 2024. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Assist with the management of administrative assistants and specialists, division processes, and procedures.
- Represent the College in the community by providing education and promotion of services/resources.
- Develop and maintain industry and employer relationships/partnerships that support the operations of the division and employability initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a database of community and industry contacts.
- Collect and report economic, market, and student data for program development.
- Collaborate with Marketing to produce division/department marketing collateral and strategies.
- Collaborate with divisions/departments across the college to ensure student engagement and success.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate resources to recruit and retain non-traditional students; including adult learners and those from groups that have not been historically represented. Provide case management for at-risk students.
- Assist administration with the research, development, implementation, and evaluation of short-term and/or stackable credentials.
- Assist administration and CETL with faculty professional development.
- Research and coordinate grant opportunities to support the development of programs.
- Lead experiential learning initiatives to support divisional academic departments.
- Collaborate with faculty to manage advisory board membership and meetings.
- Coordinate with Department Chairs and Career Services to manage student employment opportunities.
- Organize and promote division events to engage the broader community.
- Serve as the division liaison regarding economic and workforce development initiatives.
- Assist the ED in the identification of strategies to enhance instructional services.
- Assist with the management of division operations.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Capacity to travel between multiple campuses and community locations to support department needs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the college and community partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and measure complex programs and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide the necessary coordination and division support.
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistant to the Dean/Associate Dean/Executive Dean.
As part of the State of Colorado, PPSC offers a competitive benefits package:
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.