This is a NON-CLASSIFIED employment opportunity. Visit the State of Colorado for Classified employment opportunities.
The IT Support Specialist provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Instructional Computing areas on end-user computing hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and audio/video/multimedia for all Pikes Peak State College campuses and sites.
Completed Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field with two years of professional level work experience performing similar duties OR completed High School Diploma/GED with four years of professional level work experience performing similar duties.
Professional level work experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
• Experience with scripting in an IT role for application deployment.
• General knowledge of Help Desk ticketing system.
• CompTIA A+ or similar Computer Troubleshooting Certification.
• ITIL v3 Certification.
• Advanced technical knowledge of MacOS.
• Experience working in higher education.
Salary range is $55,000.00 to $57,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on January 25, 2024. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment. All work must be performed in the State of Colorado.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Respond to IT support requests from clients as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, and referred tickets.
- Create and update trouble tickets in the ticket tracking system.
- Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose escalated problems by evaluating multiple options using checklists, guides, and research.
- Provide mobility support for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Perform Active Directory and MS Azure/Endpoint Management related functions.
- Provide maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, and network.
- Provide support to cloud, physical, and virtual devices and services.
- Coordinate assigned plans and schedules of installations and deployments and ensure deployments meet client expectations.
- Configure and install computer equipment, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices.
- Participate in project implementation and deployment efforts with team members, clients, and other IT groups
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients as required.
- Create and maintain documentation for projects and assignments as needed.
- Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned by department.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Ability to work on multiple priority tasks of varying difficulty and length.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely as well as Tier 1 support when other Technicians are not available.
- Answer, log and close support requests/work orders.
- Knowledge of microcomputer (PC) principles, operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems as well as Chrome, Android and IOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of standard office automation software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Intune/Endpoint Manager and other cloud services.
- Skill in maintaining both PCs and Mac.
- Skill in effective business and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in end-user support.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to be on rotated after-hour shift to respond to classroom emergencies.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.